Thursday, April 21, 2011

The calm after the storm

Yikes!!!  The last few days here have been CRAZY!!  The weather has been the weirdest.  Wind, down pours, rain, grey, gloomy, cloudy......yuck.  But today.....today is just beautiful.  A bit cool, but the sky is the most beautiful light blue, and there are fluffy white clouds.  It's gorgeous....one of those days that instantly puts a smile on your face and puts you in a good mood.  As much as I hated the crummy weather, it makes you appreciate days like today.

I am driving to Pittsburgh today.  My best friend Amy had a baby last week.  She is my oldest friend.  We have known each other since we were 5.  She is going to be an amazing mother.  We have grown in and out of our friendship, but no matter where we are in our lives, we always seem to make our way back to each other, catching up, laughing, giggling, and making jokes.  She is a true friend.  Always understanding and patient.  I cannot wait to see this little creating she has made.  I just cannot wait. 

I am also getting to spend some good quality sister time with my oldest sister Heather.  We lived so close for the last 5 years, then I decided to pack it all up and move back home to Erie.  It's been weird.  We don't talk nearly as much as we did in Pittsburgh.  I don't know why.  She is just a phone call away......life has just gotten so busy since I've been home.  It seems I only call her to complain.  I must change that.  I should call her when happiness happens. 

But tonight, I am sure will involve delicious food, and just as much delicious wine.  She has the day off tomorrow and I am so much looking forward to enjoying The Today Show with her and hot cups of coffee. 

It's going to be wonderful.  I cannot wait.  My months have turned crazy lately.....so this trip will be my calm after the storm.

Amy and I in Pittsburgh a few years ago.


My sister Heather and I right after we landed in our most recent trip to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment